Friday, October 28, 2011

Ruthie Toothie:

Ruthie Toothie:


Those that have seen Ruthie lately have seen her loose tooth.  She was constantly playing with it with her tongue and her finger.  Finally, it was hanging by a thread.  I worked at it for a little bit and then she got the courage and pulled it out.  She put it in a sandwich bag until it was time to put it under her pillow.

Last Saturday night she was skyping with a friend.  She wanted to show this friend her tooth.  She ran upstairs and came back with the bag and the tooth.  After she was done showing off the tooth she stuck the bag on the table.



While Ruthie was skyping I was making snack bags up.  I have a shoe bag on a door.  I use this shoe bag to organize my snacks for the week.  I have spots for both girls for every day of the week.  I load up the shoe bag on Sunday with all the snacks.  It is very easy to load up the lunch boxes each morning.

I also made more snack bags. I packed up bags for our trip to the circus. I also packed up snack bags for my chemo appointment.  Needless to say there were tons of Kix bags, pretzel bags, animal cracker bags, tea biscuit bags.

It is now time for Ruthie to go to bed.  She gets all the way upstairs and realizes that she left her tooth downstairs.  She comes down the stairs and this is what happens:

Ruthie: "where is my tooth?"
me:  "where did you leave it?"
Ruthie: "in the bag on the table."
me: "oh, no!  I think I made a snack bag out of it!"
me: frantically checking all gazillion snack bags for a little white tooth.  This tooth was bigger than the last two teeth that she lost but it was still pretty small. I spent a good amount of time checking each bag and rechecking the bag because I can't find the tooth anywhere. I feel absolutely horrible because we have been waiting for so long for this tooth to finally come out.

I decide to stop checking the bags. I look up and notice that the bag with Ruthie's tooth is sitting on the opposite side of the table.  I take a deep breathe and then send Ruthie off to bed with her tooth!

I hope this little story made you laugh. It surely was comical (after the fact).

2 comments:

  1. I can just imagine the panic! Can you imagine eating a bunch of Kix and crunching down on a tooth! My first thought would be that one of mine broke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, congrats to Ruthie and I love the toothless smile! Second, I love the idea of a shoe bag to organize the snacks...will probably have to use that when the kids start school. And finally, you did indeed make me laugh...I can totally imagine the frantic searching. Glad no one ate the tooth =)

    ReplyDelete