Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Running:

 Something to listen to while you read:


Running has always been a huge part of my life.  My fellow runners understand it when I say "I truly enjoy running." One year in high school I even went to running camp. I used to run on the roads all over the place.  Then I got married and had kids.  It was harder to actually run outside.  I bought myself a treadmill. I used to run either at 4:00 AM before work or after Ruthie went to bed.  Then it was after Elisheva and Ruthie went to bed.  Then it was....well Shua didn't really go to bed at a decent time.  He is finally just getting the concept of a bed time and actually sleeping for most of the night.

I have already posted about my Tuesdays after Taxol.  These are great days for me. I can move around freely and accomplish tasks.  I do as much as I can on Tuesdays because I know what is to come on Wednesday and Thursday.

This pictures is for my oncologist.   You have three pregnancies where you gained enormous amounts of weight, 8 rounds of chemo which does all sorts of things to your body, and be mentally preparing for a bi-lateral mastectomy and then we can discuss losing weight.

 






Then I continued to walk for the rest of the hour.  Totaling: 4.6 miles.


Melissa Etheridge says it best:

I run for hope
I run to feel
I run for the truth
For all that is real
I run for your mother your sister your wife
I run for you and me my friend I run for life


When the song first came out it was a source of motivation when I was running on the treadmill.  Now the song has even more meaning to me. No one ever expects to be the "one" with cancer.  Now, I am running for myself.   Thank you Adele for bringing the song back into my life.  It was a great source of motivation as I used the treadmill this morning.

I promise the next blog will be lighter and will totally make you laugh. Will work on it now and post it tomorrow.

Can't wait for the Walk/Run on Sunday.  I know that the Taxol will make it difficult for me to actually do the walking but I will be there trying my best!  Thank you to all the people that have been working hard to make it happen.   It means so much to me.

4 comments:

  1. You go, girl!!
    I run for you and me, my friend....
    I run for life!!
    Hugs and lots of love!!
    PS... Anne E. told me about this song at my kitchen table when we met for the first time this summer to discuss what will be Sunday's fun run/walk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you email this link to your Oncologist? Actually, you should call her right now......it is 6:00 am -- give her a wake up call :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed...I've never been able to run 4 miles! You know I avoid(ed) running whenever I could. How many times I can tell you that you are my hero?! I am SO looking forward to the walk/run on Sunday =)

    ReplyDelete