Thursday, September 22, 2011

Rachel Got Her Groove Back


Rachel Got Her Groove Back:
  
    A nice short entry….




    The first round of Taxol was a very hard round.  The severe joint pain that the doctor warned me about occurred and wiped me out big time.  However, this week was a much better week.  On Tuesday and Wednesday I walked four miles on my treadmill.  It felt good to get moving.  My toes were a little numb still from the Taxol but I just kept on walking.  Today, I got out and did a few errands.  I tried to park far away and get some walking in.  I cooked my own Shabbos meal this week!  Go me!

   I plan to be out and about this coming weekend.  It is amazing how great I feel at the end of the cycle….only to start it all over again.  Monday is Taxol #2.  My cousin Lindsey had so much fun during Taxol #1 that she decided to go again me with.  I picked up some movies today for us at 5 Below . They were buy two for five dollars.  I just couldn’t pass that bargain up.

A wise young lady sent me this quote and it really it home.
“Cancer is a word, not a sentence” --- John Diamond

Here are a few more quotes that I recently read which I felt were meaningful.

“Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death”  ---Author Unknown

“The only disability in life is a bad attitude.”---Scott Hamilton

“It’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” ---Abraham Lincoln

What would a blog entry be without a Friends reference?  This clip is a bit long but it really makes me laugh. I hope you laugh as well.

Do you have any extra pants?


No comments:

Post a Comment