Monday, January 2, 2012

Family Tradition, Same Chair, Different Kid


Family Tradition/Same Chair/Different Kid




Just as I was getting my stride back I hit a short set back.  A stomach bug invaded our house and stayed for a little while.  Everyone got it.  First, Shua was so kind to show signs.  Then Elisheva was next in line to have the bug.  She went through three sheets and two pairs of pj’s in the middle of the night.  I had a fun time shortly after Elisheva started in the middle of the night.  Ruthie was so good in the middle of the night when we had to turn on the light.  She was even ready to head to school a little sleepy but then got the bug instead.  Stephen was feeling pretty lucky and even had some of his Carvel ice cream cake on Friday.   The rest of us really couldn’t think about food.  I knew sooner or later it would catch up to him.  Sure enough a few hours before midnight on NYE, he comes up stairs and is sick.  He says “I think I got the bug or food poisoning….I ate some vegetables.”




Anyways, we are all well now and everyone is ready to return to work/school/JoJo’s tomorrow.  Yep, all of us!  Shua has not been to JoJo’s in a very long time. He is a totally different boy compared to last June.  I do hope he is not too much of a handful and he doesn’t teach Matthew any of his naughty tricks.  I know that Shua will be so excited to chase Quentin around and probably bother him to no end like he does to his sisters. I am really looking forward to returning to work.  Of course I am nervous.  My desk is not set up and I do not know the students at all. Well, I know one of them and she better be on her best behavior! I have nothing copied and hope I can figure out the new copy machines.  Everyone has already been there for a few months and is in a routine, so of course that makes me feel anxious.  A smart friend said “I would be worried if you are not nervous, but don’t worry everything will work out ok.”

I took the van out today and went on the highway. I feel confident to drive to Rockaway tomorrow.  It might take us a little longer but we will get there. It does take me more time to get in and out of the van/car. 

It is a New Year.  It is January. The next stage of my journey (radiation) will start very shortly. It is my time to return to work.  Bring on the craziness!



4 comments:

  1. Rachel, So glad to hear that you're going back to work! Take it easy and let the students help you! I've found that middle school students are very sympathetic and willing to help when you're in need!

    Quinn will also be at JoJo's tomorrow (she only goes Tues and Weds.) but she is looking forward to playing with ANOTHER boyfriend!

    Good luck! - Danielle Kopp

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so happy for you to pass this one month milestone! Good luck with getting back into the work grove! I predict Shua will have a great time with "new" friends to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy that you are venturing back to work and have reached one month cnncer free!!! Enjoy the day, everyone will be so excited to see you that you'll have a great first day back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Fabulous Rachel, Please visualize me giving you a giant virtual standing "O" ! This is the beginning of a New Year filled with promise. You will be up to speed at work in no time and then on to radiation, your insurance policy for good health and long life going forward. Love Sharon

    ReplyDelete