Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Monday without Chemo

Monday without Chemo:

Yesterday was Monday.  Every other Monday for the past few months I have gone to Chemo.  Yesterday was the day I should have been at Chemo.  BUT, I am done with that poison!  So what did I do yesterday.  I had a very jam packed day. It all started at 4:30 with Shua's lovely wake up call. I would blame daylight savings time but he has been on this 4:30 am kick for a while.  I got Ruthie on the bus and Elisheva into her carpool.  Off they went to school.  Shua's buddy and babysitter arrived and I headed to the basement to do some running/jogging. I have been trying to use the treadmill as much as I can.  I had a bit of cold last week which made exercising difficult.  Jogged my 3.5 miles while watching Will and Grace.  What a truly funny show.  Then I showered and headed out to pick up some new boots. I wanted to get some new boots but have not been motivated to take my shoes on and off several times.  It was a difficult task to do with numb feet.  I felt that my feet could handle the task yesterday.   I was somewhat successful.  I also stopped by a few other stores while I was out.  I had a nice lunch by myself.   I have found that I have no real appetite around dinner time, so I need to eat a filling lunch. After lunch, I headed home and played some words with friends.  Then I watched an episode of the Big Bang Theory.  I am finding this show a bit funny and it keeps my mind away from thinking about the upcoming surgery.  Laughing is good and this show makes me laugh.  After one episode, I traveled upstairs for a quick snooze. I had my "Elisheva will be home in a few" alarm set.  I am not quite sure how long I was out but I believe I got a few minutes of a nap. 

Overall, it was a splendid day. I got to exercise, eat a nice lunch, and take a little nap.  What more can I ask for?

1 comment:

  1. We cherish days like this! Glad you had a relaxing day! Love playing "Words with Friends" with you. I look forward to the evenings when this is possible as I'm becoming the Queen of ice hockey carpools.

    ReplyDelete