Thursday, July 19, 2012

recovery


Recovery:

I have been home since Monday.  My surgery was outpatient surgery and I was expected to go home the same day as surgery.  We got home much later than expected. I had a hard time with the anesthesia.  Every time I opened my eyes, I would go back to sleep for a while.  Thanks Stephen for waiting there for me for hours!!!! Also, every time I moved I yacked.  This made riding home and getting into bed a fun experience.  The end result is that I am doing well. I have more arm usage than the previous surgery.  I do have one drain but I am managing that fine.  I try and hide it from Shua because he thinks it is a toy.  I am not in tremendous pain.  I have been able to do most of the things around the house. I am just very tired all the time.  Every time Shua naps, I nap. My dad has been great.  He has come down every day to help me with Shua.   He will play with him so I can rest in bed.  The girls have been amazing as well.  Ruthie has done a fantastic job getting Shua to the breakfast table and up to his bed at nap time.  Alex has come by after camp every day to help me feed Shua and get him into bed.  It has been a team effort this past week.  I am pretty confident that I will be back in the game next week. Recheck on Monday, I will keep you all in the loop.  Thank you everyone who has helped out this past week.  I couldn't have made it this far without all of your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment