Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day 2013



Mother’s Day 2013

Last year was a nice Mother’s Day.  But this year was awesome!  Last year, I was still getting over the side effects from Chemo, surgery and radiation.  This year I got to sleep late.  We all know that Rachel loves her sleep.  I got to run on the treadmill while Stephen and Shua went grocery shopping.  I got to plant flowers with my daughters and mother.  Last year I could not be bothered with picking out flowers and planting them.  I had no extra energy to do it.  This year I was able to take the girls to pick out flowers.  I was able to help them plant the flowers in the pots. I was able to make dinner, bathe the kids, finish my lesson plans for the week, do several loads of laundry and still have energy left over.  It is a world of a different from last year.  I loved today.  It was a very special day spent with my family.  Of course there was one person that was missing.  It was a bitter sweet evening.  I miss being able to call my grandma and wish her a Happy Mother’s Day. I miss listening to where she went out to for lunch and who she spent the day with. I do know that she was with me today. I saw so many butterfly things today.  Each one reminded me of my grandmother. 




Since being sick, I have truly tried to live each day to its fullest. I have tried to spend as much time with my loved ones as possible.  It is days like this that I am so grateful to be healthy.  It is days like this that made all the pain last year worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment